Today you’ll learn some tools that’ll guarantee you a slice of happiness, no matter what is going on in your life.
This year the world became a different place and all the dreams that you had might have taken a back seat as you had to navigate a brand new reality. It’s been like living in an apocalyptic sci-fi movie all year!
I know that there have been real struggles, like losing a job or losing a loved one. On top of this is the stress of uncertainty, constraints and still not being pregnant.
It’s important to acknowledge the stress and equally not get lost in it.
What You Focus On Expands
The truth is that what you focus on grows. When you think about something, it’s like adding oxygen to a fire. The flame burns brighter and gets bigger. Thinking about something gives it more energy and this affects how you feel.
This was a revelation when I first heard it.
I used to think that emotions just happened and that it was my job to feel them, work with them and process them. I now know that I get to choose how I feel and I can decide which emotion sits in the driving seat by intentionally choosing what to focus on.
Choose Gratitude, Confidence And Growth
This year, instead of thinking about all the plans that didn’t happen, choose to make a list of the things that did. The things that make you feel grateful and proud. And in doing this feel a sense of celebration inside as you acknowledge the amazing you!
Look for the silver lining in every situation. Even in challenging times, there is a gift and an opportunity to grow.
Like when my sister died – I realised how short life was and turned my grief into taking action, being of service and making an impact in the world.
Instead of thinking about what is missing and that you’re still not pregnant, join me in celebrating this year. Go through this exercise with me and really feel each emotion expand.
Make A List And Feel Each Emotion
Make a list of the things you feel grateful for in your life and the things you achieved this year that you can feel proud of, no matter how small – they deserve to be celebrated. And then list the areas of growth and the gifts that came out of the darkness.
I’ll go first.
- For all the healthy babies that have been born this year.
- That I’m healthy and have amazing family, friends, clients, colleagues and mentors in my life.
- To you for being in this community, for your courage and strength to keep trying for your baby.
- Expanding my team, growing the Membership and helping even more couples to get pregnant and have healthy babies.
- Speaking on a panel at an event that I’ve been visioning myself doing for 5 years and this year I got to do it!
- Coming first (out of 5000 people), getting acknowledged and winning a new iPad from one of my favourite mentors.
- Investing in myself, my business and my clients by doing new training courses on IVF, reproductive immunology, essential oils, tapping, meditation and strategic intervention.
- Doing a no complaints, no gossip and no being judgemental challenge for 3 months.
- Intentionally pushing my comfort zone with activities like climbing, slack-lining, ice skating, kayaking, open water swimming and going on a giant zip wire.
All my best,
Rachel Bolton BSc (Hons), Lic. Ac., Lic. Tui Na.
I empower women to see themselves as Fertility Heroes and help them to optimise their fertility, get pregnant and have healthy babies.